Seriously, you guys? I think we have a drinking problem. No, not that kind. We just got back from Trader Joe's and out of eighteen items, eight of them were some kind of beverege, plus I got the new assam tea. This means that technically half the items purchased before Scott remembered he needed twelve 1.5 liter bottles of regular water .... were liquid.
My fridge now contains the following, plus a few cheeses, tortillas, salad, eggs (I hate eggs, yet we have them...why?) and a million condiments. Note that this is AFTER we went shopping.
- Two bottles San Pellegrino mineral water
- Tonic water
- Smart water
- Plain purified water, chilled (are we sensing a theme here?)
- Grapefruit juice, dubious freshness
- Cranberry juice concentrate, about a half inch, needs to go.
- Mixed berry smoothie.
- Champagne, two kinds (Mt. Chevallier Brut Cava, Blasons de Bourgandie, Cremant Brut - in case you were wondering....don't rush out and buy them or anything.)
- TJ's iced tea/lemonade mixture
- TJ's lemonade
- TJ's green tea
- Chin Chin Grass Jelly weird canned Asian (Chinese?) iced tea
- Tolosa Rose of Syrah that I didn't like last night, starting to sound appetizing about now.
- Vodka is in the freezer, where proper vodka should be kept at all times.
On the plus side, I can now make Blondies*, Rob Roy Rollers**, or my favorite, the Yellow Red, also called "Lemon Ruskies" by our Australian friends*** and of course a mean Vodka Tonic.
*Vodka, lemonade and champagne
**Rob Roy (iced tea/lemonade) and vodka