Well after yesterdays' rant....I thought I'd better follow up with something nice. Hmmmmm... here it is - something pink, according the reviews, a "soft, fruity floral that sparkles with notes of mandarin, blackcurrant, violet, and blackberry, smoothed with jasmine, heliotrope, and cedarwood. Playful, yet elegant." YeeeeAAAh... I got the violet, jasmine and cedarwood bits, but what I really loved about it? My husband bought it for me. I now smell pretty, oh-so-pretty, pretty and witty annnd....nevermind.
It isn't the label - it could have been a spritz bottle from the Gap would have elicited the same response - it was the gesture. He knows what a sucker I am for subtle, floral (but not too sweet) musky (no patchtouchli!) scents - plus I'm almost out of Michael Kors...I know, toll the bells of misery for me, boo-hooo... again may I say how little I have to complain about, in light of how much crabbing I do.
So to wrap up, after the last couple of days, Love is...
- Not laughing at me for being totally & completely horrified by the GIANT RAT that ran by us in San Diego.
- Taking me to see the movie I wanted to...(Hint: it rhymes with shmore-bat and is amazingly inappropriate.
- Buying me a most delicious pair of new sunglasses.
- Not calling the people with those special, extra-long sleeved jackets when I suggest that we make A New Plan for the H_____ Family.
- Tolerating my incessant rhapsodizing about the selection of blue cheeses at Disneys' California adventure.