Good...early evening. I'm here for a quick review of the new James Bond. First of all, Daniel Craig as Bond: Better than I thought he'd be, with a different twist on a fairer/lighter Bond - even though Roger Moore had lighter brown hair, it isn't the same as seeing the obviously flaxen Craig onscreen. I can only imagine the endless conversations casting had about Craig while they considered the pros and cons of dying his hair. The opening sequences, were, I felt, a bit weak - not enough action before it went to the graphics and I was sad when they didn't use the classic Bond theme song.
As for the movie portion of the movie? Without giving anything away, all I can say are these few things:
- It runs long, but the time flies when you're looking at such gorgeous scenery. (Double entendre completely intended)
- Daniel Craig must have spent an unbelieveable amount of time at the gym. Bravo to him for fitting so very neatly into his teeny, tiny man-kini.
- Even if you're like me and don't play cards, the casino scenes are still fairly electrifying.
- I love that Eva Green has what appear to be real boobs and, more importantly, real acting skills. Doesn't hurt that she's completely gorgeous without being too perfect - I loved seeing little frizzies in her hair.
- Getting some little backstory details, even this late into the series, was very gratifying - I know my dad will love some of the car bits.
- Speaking of bits, my least favorite part, involves a naked Bond and his, erm, bits. (Shuddering hard)