Saturday, December 09, 2006

In Search of

Slightly embarassing truths that will surely come back to haunt me, part the....some...dredth.

  1. My deep and unabiding love for Indian/"Bollywood" films knows no bounds. What's not to love about ending every. single. movie. with a mass dance sequence? Also: The Indian culture has an appreciation for curvy women that I can only wish Hollywood would embrace.
  2. Today, Edie has repeatedly been in "Time-Out" (read: locked in one of the cat carriers) for hissing and growling and generally being mean to Fynn.
  3. I'd far rather hang out with Jack Black thank Jude Law.
  4. Failed to see the point of applying pants thus far today, ate Pop-Tarts for breakfast.
  5. With regard to Item #2 - Due to said growling/hissing/Fru-its of E-vile noises, I put Edie atop our closet. Approximately three hours ago. She just now jumped down to the couch. Despite being fixed, I swear she still gets the kitty version of P.M.S., the little beetcha.
  6. Due to the fact that my teeth have now started to hurt after I drink champers, I am in somewhat desperate search for the accurate recipe for a Suffering Bastard. Heaven forbid I give up drinking altogether, right? You see, there are so many different recipes - starting with this one:

    1 1/2 oz rum
    1 oz overproof rum
    3/4 oz Orange Curacao liqueur
    1/2 oz orgeat syrup
    1 oz fresh lime juice
    2 oz fresh orange juice
    And also this one:

OR: 1 part gin,
1 part rum,
1/2 part lime juice,
dash of bitters,
1 part ginger ale,
all served over ice

The one (ok, ok, two) I had at Trader Vic's a couple of weekends ago were garnished with a cucumber spear, mint and half a lime. Apparently, I'm not the only one in search of the true recipe for this tasty libation. Your help in this matter would be truly and deeply appreciated - I'm planning on figuring out how to feed it to Edie the next time she acts up.

No comments: