Wow, it sure is nice to be home - thanks for all your helpful hints, everyone! Well from the
accordian players to the Grand Canal shops (this is what it looks like at midnight or 2 am, people...way to seriously mess with your circadian rhythms!) to the fine dining, we had a blast!
Some highlights of our trip included:
- Eating an amazing breakfast here at Bouchon (sister resturant to Napa's famous French Laundry)
- Seeing this show!
- The incredible, amazing generousity of The Cupertino Clan. You know who you are - it was amazing and "thank you' doesn't seem to quite cover it.
- Strolling through Luxors' lobby in The Vegas Shoes. Which ones, you ask?
- These here in the foreground are The Vegas shoes. The heel is five inches tall and pencil-thin. I have been saving The Vegas shoes for Vegas since about four years ago. Yes, that is gold chain as "shoe" material. Remainder of the outfit was skirt/tube top/lace short 'sweater' and bronzer. It might have been 30 degrees outside. Maybe. Probably not, though. As I said, it wasn't me who wanted to go out....it was the Vegas Shoes who wanted to go out.
- Realizing that there were icesicles on this fountain. Frickin' icecicles.
- Spending some casual fun time with The Fam., laughing at/with them.
- Taking an indoor "hot tub" in the bathtub in our room
- Great cheap eats, if you know where to find 'em!
- Hard Rock cafe!
- Finally having a place to wear my rhinestone belt (as a necklace, to the Hard Rock)
- Pan au chocolat from the Bouchon bakery.
- Excellent security at the Venetian - they check for your key every time you come into the elevators.
- Finding out the reason for the excelent security at the Venetian - apparently the staff, 'has a hard time telling the guests from the hookers." Message to Americans: Slutty is not the new black. I do not want to see you do your best Britney Spears imitation.
- Finding out that the adult video awards ceremony was held at the Venetian...the night we got there. Ummmm yep, go ahead and don't think to hard on this one.
- Frickin' icecicles, all pools located outside, inability to wear cute outfits without freezing ones' areas off.
- The near-torture that was the knowledge that the season premiere of 24 was on.....not watching...not watching.