Sunday, May 07, 2006

Overheard

At the Daily Grind:

(Scruffy, slightly unkempt man) "Hi!"
"Hi! How are you?", (pretty girl, sitting with her friends)
"Weren't you on that Girls Gone Wild in Aruba?"
Stunned silence, followed by hysterical laughter and "NO!"
________________________________________________

Outside my house:

"Red light!"
"Green light!"
"Red light!"
"Green light! Dad, do you think that...."
"RED LIGHT! You have to STOP!"
________________________________________________

While taking my friends' daughters to the park with my father and husband:

"You're not supposed to pick other people's flowers!" (addressing my father)

"Shoot is a bad word!" (to my husband)

"NO!"

"Noooo!"

"NoooOOoo!"

"WaaaauuaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!" (all towards me)
_______________________________________________________

Later on in the evening:

"Appa?" (gesturing at grapes)

"Appol?" (pointing towards banannas)

"AAAPPLE!!" (reaching for a large strawberry)

3 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

I do that. Overhear conversations and remember what people have said to record later - great material for writing eh!! Thanks - what a laugh! Especially the Daily Grind conversation - I can just picture it! :)

Maya said...

Hi! I'd love to come down to Kiwi-land - I actually have friends down there!

Unknown said...

Dude, I love the Daily Grind one - totally hilarious!